Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0226
Caption Planking Commercial/P
Description View near corner of 4th Street looking north of Commercial/P of the street in the final stages of being planked. Railroad tracks of the Seattle and Northern run down the street. Rail service finally connected Anacortes with Sedro Woolley on August 7, 1890. Note the real estate businesses on far end of right side of street. The hardware store on right corner is that of George McIntosh. It advertised in the 1891 City Directory as selling "Hardware, stoves, tinware." S. V. Christian's Bodega Bar is on the NE corner of P and 4th. Also see WF 0043, 0224, 0225.
Date 1890 March 18
Photographer EWING, David B.
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects

Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Planking
Commercial Avenue
Railroad track
Seattle and Northern
Real estate businesses
George McIntosh Hardware store
Bodega Bar
P Avenue
Object Name Negative