|Caption||JO LYNN - Dr. L. E. Nicholson's boat|
Dr. Laurence E. Nicholson and wife Dorothy , plus children onboard the JO LYNN, Dr. Nicholson's family boat, 1947-1948 . The JO LYNN was a WWII "crash boat" that was used to rescue downed pilots. It was powered by two 600 horsepower hull Scott gas motors. 63 feet long and was originally equipped with 2 machine guns.
Dr. Laurence Elwood Nicholson was a dentist in Anacortes. He was born 1907 Dec 8 and died 1980 Feb 11 in Anacortes. His wife was Dorothy Etter Nicholson.
Dr. Nicholson is found in the Polk's directories as practicing dentistry at: 1937 at 16-17 Keystone Building; 1948-1965 at 418-1/2 Commercial; 1967-1974 located in the Medical & Dental Building and in 1975-1977 located at 24th Street & M Avenue.
Maritime - Boat
|Credit line||Donated by Richard Newbill, August 2010|
NICHOLSON, Laurence Elwood, Dr., DDS
NICHOLSON, Dorothy ETTER
World War II
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|