Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2065
Caption E. K. Wood Company - sawdust pile
Description This E. K. Wood Company mill image is of the sawdust pile. Fred J. Wood purchased this site at Burrows Bay in early 1914 and announced plans to construct a large mill; the mill was not actually built until 1923 and went into production in 1924. The mill was sold in 1943 and renamed Walton Mill. Walton Mill ceased operations in 1952 and was demolished in 1960. As of 11-2002 only one building remained from this mill complex; the Planing Shed, not visible in this photo, was located at the left side of the mill below the treed hillside.
Date 1930s c.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Industry - Mill - Lumber
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Mill
E. K. Wood Company
Walton Mill
Planing shed
millpond
sawdust pile
Object Name Negative