Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0043.A,B
Description Old-growth lumber was plentiful and a resourceful choice for materials in early Anacortes. The boom for a planked road, a.k.a. puncheon road, hit our town in February 1890, and was well under way on P Avenue, which in 1902 was renamed Commercial Avenue. Construction was completed May 15, 1890. Contractors on the road planking were Munroe and Anderson. A few of the businesses seen, near 3rd Street and P Street, are Belding, Canfield & Co. Real Estate; Caldwood & Davis, Attorneys at Law; LaPointe, Cody & Co. Real Estate; and Headquarters Saloon.
Photographer BOOEN, J. O.
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Photograph
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Residence
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms planking
Headquarters Saloon
Drug Store & Cigars
LaPointe Cody Real Estate
Monroe and Anderson, contractors
Object Name Print, Photographic