Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1451
Caption 1937 Marineer Parade
Description This image of the Marineers' Pageant Parade looks north on Commercial Avenue at 10th Street. A long line of cars follows the Marineers' Pageant float and they appear to bring up the end of the parade. See WF 1543. Trulson Motors is in the foreground. Herman Trulson operated Trulson Motors at 1004 Commercial from c. 1921-1975. He began business with Edmond Haugen in 1911 when they purchased the funeral parlor of Lea Dodge. By 1912 they had also opened a paint store; see WF 0111. By 1917 these business partners had gone their separate ways with Haugen taking the funeral parlor and Trulson taking the paint store. The 1917 city directory list Trulson Paints and Wallpaper at 707 Commercial. By 1921 Trulson had begun a different business, Trulson Motors at 1004 Commercial. On the right side of the photo, just north of Trulson, is the Anacortes Gas Company.
Date 1937
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Event - Marineer Pageant
Place - Anacortes, WA
People
Event - Parade
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Marineers' Pageant
Parade
Trulson Motors
Anacortes Gas Company
funeral parlor
paint store
Trulson Paints and Wallpaper
Object Name Negative