Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2508
Caption Coast Guard Station 12 - CG268 cutter
Description Coast Guard vessel #268 is at the Coast Guard dock at the foot of K Avenue. This boat was one of the first to arrive at the Station 12 base. The 12-25-1924 ANACORTES AMERICAN reported, "Anacortes is made base for Coast Guard Service." The article stated that a division of four vessels was assigned to Anacortes; two boats had already arrived and were on duty, #266, and #268. The cutters were of a new 75' speed type, "armed and able to make long voyages." The cutters were armed with "one-pounders and machine guns, and fitted with wireless." Note the view of Anacortes Hotel to the left of the lifeboat on the stern of CG268. The hotel was located at the southwest corner of 8th and J Avenue. J. A. Matheson Cannery is visible at the far right side of the photo.
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Maritime
Military
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Coast Guard Station 12
boat
CG268
cutter
machine gun
Anacortes Hotel
J. A. Matheson Cannery
Object Name Print, Photographic