Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 4280
Caption McDUGLE, Marie
Description Marie McDugle was the son of Elza and Violet McDugle. She graduated from Anacortes High School in 1936 and was active in Girls' Club and Home Ec Club. On April 16, 1939, her parents purchased Wagner Dairy from Lou Wagner, who had operated it at Summit Park for 25 years. Elza McDugle had worked as a butter maker for West Coast Dairy in the Semar Building for twelve years prior to starting his own business; his brother, Sergeant, had worked at Wagners during that time. In 1941 they moved to a building at 23rd and Commercial. In 1947, McDugle's formed a corporation with their son, Don. In 1953, they opened an outlet in Sedro-Woolley. Violet McDugle's sister, Mrs. John Glad, was in charge, and this outlet served the upper Skagit Valley as far as Concrete. McDugle-Wagner Dairy added an ice cream line in 1944 and created "many flavors by Mrs. McDugle in machines installed in the front shop of the dairy...The McDugle-Wagner firm, known for many years as the only independently owned and operated dairy in the area, serves all of Fidalgo Island, Guemes, Whidbey as far south as Oak Harbor, Mount Vernon and Burlington...Three drivers are involved in delivery of the dairy products." See the April 16, 1964, ANACORTES AMERICAN for more information about the 25th anniversary of the dairy.
Date 1936
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects People
Place - Anacortes, WA
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
People McDUGLE, Marie
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms people
portrait
Object Name Print, Photographic