Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 1265
Caption 6th and Commercial
Description View looks north on Commercial Avenue, focusing on west side of Commercial between 5th and 6th. Left to Right: Pioneer Building on northwest corner with the second story recently removed and the north half of building being remodeled; Harry Iverson's Pool Hall was in this building c. 1929-c. late 1950s. To the north, Island Furniture occupies the Foss Building; see also WF 1095, 1096. The Goodwin-Benedict-Havekost Building is next with Amsberry's Cafe occupying the ground floor. People's Bank, begun here in 1939, occupies the former site of the Bank of Commerce built in 1926 on the southwest corner of 5th and Commercial. The Empire Building on the northwest corner of Commercial and 5th is also visible.
Date 1940s c. early
Photographer from the BRADY, Ferd collection
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Business
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
People
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Pioneer Building
Harry Iverson's Pool Hall
Island Furniture
Foss Building
Goodwin-Benedict-Havekost Building
Amsberry's Cafe
People's Bank
Bank of Commerce
Empire Building
Object Name Print, Photographic