Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 2332
Caption Crouder's Boat Yard
Description View of Jack Crouder's boatyard looking southwest toward Commercial Avenue, c.1930. Crouder's boats are in the foreground. Marine Hardware and Supply is in the distance at right on the southwest corner of Commercial and 2nd That building was constructed in 1906 as The Anchorage; Marine Hardware began in the location c. 1917. The building in the upper right corner with the "Hotel" sign was the Taylor Hotel, built in 1890 at the foot of Commercial on the Guemes Channel and demolished in 1936 to make way for construction of the Port of Anacortes. Crouder's Boat House was located on the Guemes Channel waterfront, just east of the Port of Anacortes dock between Commercial and Q avenues from the 1930s to the late 1950s. WF 2330 - 2332 appear to have been taken prior to expansion of the Port of Anacortes in 1936. There are many photos of Crouder and his boats and boathouse in the Funk Collection. See also WF 1582 and Wallie Funk photos during the 1950s in these categories: Events: Jackson, Henry M. 1953 visit to Anacortes; Transportation: Boats, Crouder's Boat House.
Date 1930s c. mid
Photographer BRADY, Ferd
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Transportation - Water
Recreation
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Crouder's Boat House
Marine Supply & Hardware Co.
The Anchorage
Taylor Hotel
Port of Anacortes
Object Name Print, Photographic