Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0984
Caption Anacortes Livery Stable, Anacortes Transfer
Description View of Anacortes Livery Stable and Anacortes Transfer, 5th Street, between Commercial and Q avenues. Third and Fifth streets, between Commercial and Q avenues were the traditional site of livery services in Anacortes; see WF 0079, 0159. The Livery was run by Edwin Rowland, brother of Cora Rowland Allmond, and John Millet, who was also the proprietor of the Vendome Hotel; see WF 0736. This photo shows the Semar Building at far left, at the corner of 5th and Q Avenue. H. A. Taylor's blacksmith shop is also visible in the photo. Taylor lived on 32nd between O and Commercial Avenues.
Date 1908 c.
Photographer unknown
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place -Anacortes, WA
People
Transportation - Land
Animal - Horse
Structure - Business
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Anacortes Livery Stable
Anacortes Transfer
Semar Building
blacksmith shop
Vendome Hotel
Object Name Print, Photographic