Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number D.IV.022.001.A,B
Caption Platt Building
Description Platt building 4th and Commercial. This building was built by John Platt in 1890 as the Bank of Anacortes; the bank failed in 1893. In this photo the lower portion of the building is occupied by Louis Foss, a clothing store. Commercial Avenue in the foreground is still planked. On the left side of the photo are a team of horses. In the center on the curb is a bicycle; there are eight people on the sidewalk.
Subjects Clothing
Business
Animal - Horse
People
Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Platt Building
horse
bicycle
men
Object Name Print, Photographic