Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0224.A,B
Caption Commercial Avenue
Description This view shows P/Commercial in the process of being planked. (Planking was begun in February and finished on May 15, 1890). Railroad tracks run down the street; rail service on the Seattle and Northern in Anacortes began on 8-5-1890. Businesses in view on right side of street include (at far end of the street): Broker and Anderson's Saloon and Restaurant; the Bon Ton Barber Shop (near corner of P Avenue and 3rd); real estate businesses; J. W. Patterson Clothing Store (sold men's clothing, underwear, ties, shoes, etc.) . Hardware store on right corner is probably that of George McIntosh, who advertised in 1891 City Directory as selling "Hardware, stoves, tinware." These businesses were all listed in the 1890 or 1891 Anacortes City Directory. See also WF 0043, 0225.
Date 1890
Photographer BOOEN, J. O.
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Business
Place - P/Commercial Ave.
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms planking
railroad track
Seattle and Northern
Broker and Anderson's Saloon and Restaurant
Bon Ton Barber Shop
J. W. Patterson Clothing Store
hardware store
Object Name Print, Photographic