|Catalog Number||WF 2475.A,B,C|
|Caption||Luberan Church - Confirmation class|
WF 2475-2476 are images of eight teenagers posing with the Lutheran minister following their confirmation. left to right: Emily Haugland Caughlin, Bonnie Johnson Palm, Mildred Hagland, Nelson, Mavis Anderson Bush, Pastor Fosso, David Satre, Clyde Whitney, Martin Josund, Donald Caughlin.
There were several different congregations of Lutherans on Fidalgo Island. Our Savior's Norwegian Lutheran Church was organized at Lake Campbell in 1906. Although property was set aside for a church and cemetery just west of the lake, the church itself was never built there. They held services in the Lake Campbell School and a "mission house" there. The site of the cemetery, which still exists, and the church site is the triangular section of land that borders the intersection of Sharpe and Donnell roads.
Norwegian Lutherans organized their own church in Anacortes in 1909 and soon built their own church at 20th and O Avenue. In 1936, this congregation merged with the Swedish Lutherans of Zion Lutheran Church who had built their own church at 21st and O Avenue by 1911. Sometime during this period, Our Savior's Norwegian Lutheran Church of Lake Campbell also merged with the Anacortes Norwegian Lutheran congregation. In 1942, the congregation changed the church's name to Anacortes Lutheran Church; see WF 1555, 1560.
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Place - Anacortes, WA
Organization - Church
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
CAUGHLIN, Emily HAUGLAND
PALM, Bonnie JOHNSON
NELSON, Mildred HAGLAND
BUSH, Mavis ANDERSON
FOSSO, Olaf, Reverend
Our Savior's Norwegian Lutheran Church
Lake Campbell School
Swedish Lutherans of Zion Lutheran Church
Anacortes Norwegian Lutheran
Anacortes Lutheran Church
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|