|Caption||Early 1900 excursion-Anacortes|
Cheerie Auto, "Park Tally Ho" with group of nineteen (19) people aboard an auto-bus for an excursion around Anacortes on Lake Forest Drive (later changed to Heart Lake Road). The photo in our collection contains more than this scan does, as it shows the entire length of the auto. The ANACORTES AMERICAN, date unknown, states: "From the collection of Mrs. John Wagner comes this choice photograph, a holdover from the days of gauntlets, dusters and goggles--all standard driving equipment in the early motoring years. Pictured above is a "Cheerie Auto, Park-Tally-Ho" with a capacity of 20 occupants and one of the first automobiles in Anacortes. Included in the "Cheerie" are Wagners and Lowmans off on an all-day outing."
This photograph reproduction is one of the 165 - 175 original photos reproduced by Glenn Davis for the beginning stages of the Anacortes Museum.
Transportation - Land
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk|
Lake Forest Drive
Heart Lake Road
|Object Name||Print, photographic|