Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number WF 0154.A,B
Caption Elks' Hall
Description The Elks Hall was built on the NW corner of 6th Street and Q Avenue (904 6th Street) in 1915. On 1-28-1915, the ANACORTES AMERICAN reported, "Elks hold formal dedication of new temple: cornerstone placed with impressive ceremony." On 5-27-1915, the paper reported, "Anacortes Elks are now at home in new building." (photo of building also included in this issue) The building's dedication took place 6-9-1915. It served the Elks until c. 1950 when City Hall moved into the building and the Elks moved to the south side of 7th between Commercial and O. Subsequent additions added a third floor and an addition of the west side. Anacortes City Hall moved here on September 25, 1947 and is still based here as of August 15, 2013.
Photographer JUDD, Charles LeRoy
Collection Wallie Funk Collection
Subjects Place - Anacortes, WA
Structure - Government
Credit line Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection
Place Anacortes, WA
Search Terms Anacortes City Hall
Elks Hall
Object Name Print, Photographic