Anacortes Fire Deptartment, April 1, 1934. Three trucks and 14 men of the Anacortes Fire Department are pictured in front of the Fire Station (which also housed City Hall and the Police Department) on 5th Street near O Avenue. (Left to right): Milton Cookston, Lou Willoughby, Bill Dorsey, Ashley Mondhan, Ed Keepers, Bill Beale, Chief Leslie E. Snider, Assistant Chief Bert Verrall, Al Sellenthin, George Olson, Fred Fisher, Bill Robeson, Milo Strock, Carl Strock. The structure was built in 1891 and torn down in 1950. On the right side of the photo the Oddfellows “Opera House” on 6th Street is visible; this building was built in 1902 and burnt to the ground in 1981.
Information on back differs with above. Left to right: Lew Willaby; Bill Meirs; Bill Dorsey; Fred Fisher; Milo Shock; Lesley Snider, Chief; Leo Aleson; Milton Cookston; Ed Keepers; Bill Robertson, Burt Verrall, Assistant Chief; Ashley Mindham; Bill Beal; Al Sellenthin; Carl Shock. Not shown are Ed Wm. Govern; Vick Berlin. One of seven photographs -- 3 framed. Donated by Donald S. Strock, 1419 35th Ave., Anacortes.
Disaster - Fire
Transportation - Land
|Credit line||Donated by Donald Strock|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|