|Catalog Number||WF 1500|
|Caption||1947 Marineer Parade - Kiwanis float|
This image from the 1947 Marineer Parade is of a Kiwanis float featuring a boat with pennants on the mast stating "Key Club" and "Boy Scouts", two organizations that Kiwanis supported. The Anacortes Kiwanis Club began in May 1926. It was founded in Detroit, Michigan, in 1915, initially as a business and professional men's organization. It became a service club in 1919 with a motto of, "We build." See WF 1753 and ANACORTES AMERICAN articles on 5-20-1926 and 6-2-1926.
Buildings include Snyder's Drugs, Peoples National Bank, Central Furniture, Shell Station.
|Photographer||from the BRADY, Ferd collection|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Event - Marineer Pageant
Place - Anacortes, WA
Event - Parade
Structure - Business
Transportation - Land
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
Peoples National Bank