|Catalog Number||WF 1948|
|Description||"Ted Trafton taking salmon heads out to sea, hauled by purse seiner ANN R." is the only identification with WF 1947-1955. In this photograph the old Russian Cement building complex, then owned by the Traftons, is seen in the rear located on Guemes Channel at the foot of Erie and Dakota Avenues. The image also shows the chute from the plant that carried fish heads to the scows at water's edge. The Russian Cement plant operated from 1907-1916, producing fish oil, fish meal, and fertilizer. In 1916 it was bought out by Marani Products. In 1920 Marani was bought by J. E. Trafton, who owned it through 1969. It is unknown what Trafton called his operation, but it may simply have been "J. E. Trafton Company."|
|Collection||Wallie Funk Collection|
Industry - Seafood Processing
|Credit line||Donated by Wallie Funk, Wallie Funk Collection|
purse seiner ANN R.