|Object Name||Bottle, Apothecary|
Green-tinted bottle marked "3 in One Oil Co, Three in One".
In 1894 this product was names because it could accomplish 3 things in connection with the care and maintenance of a bicycle: A lubricant, rust preventative, and a cleaner, all with one application. (George W. Cole, of Asbury Park, N.J.). G. W. Cole incorporated in 1899 and the name changed from G. W. Cole to 3-IN-ONE Oil Company, 1905-1910, and then changes to the tin can. In 1933 it was acquired by Drug In.c, then became part of Sterling Products. In 1995 it was acquired by WD-40 Company. These glass bottles were used 1894-approx 1910. Good sample of early product probably used in Anacortes.
|Notes||See "Accession Research Information" binder for more information on old bottles.|