|Object Name||Sign, Advertising|
1/2 metal business sign off the building of H. L. Trulson [Herman L. Trulson], Anacortes, Washington, Sherwin-Williams Paint and Varnish.
1912-1917 Trulson & Haugen, (Herman Lauritz Trulson and Edmund E. Haugen) owned a paint store: "paints, oils, glass, wallpaper, pictures, etc., undertakers". In 1917 Trulson and Haugen went their separate ways, Trulson Paints and Haugen, Undertaker. In 1920 Trulson moved cars into the showroom of his paint store which became Trulson Motors, which in 1921 - 1922 was located at 1004 Commercial Avenue. This dates this sign as between 1917 and 1920.
|Dimensions||H-36 W-47.25 inches|
|Caption||1/2 sign - Trulson Paints - 1917-1920|
|Credit line||Donated by Owen Lindbo, October 2013|
TRULSON, Herman Lauritz, Sr.
HAUGEN, Edmond "Ed" E.
Trulson Paints and Wallpaper
Trulson and Haugen Hardware and Paints
Trulson and Haugen Undertakers
709 Commercial Avenue
707 Commercial Avenue
Communication - Advertising
Place - Anacortes, WA